Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week-at-a-Glance

We have been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to post everyday. So here is the week-at-a-glance.

On Wednesday, we found out that we had an extremely important document that was expiring on July 8. I spent most of the day getting everything together for this. After many phone calls and computer searches, I had everything ready. Greg had to sign it, so I drove up to his work. He signed it and then we sent it off overnight mail. After that, we went to the police department to be fingerprinted for our FBI Clearance Check. These two things took the whole day!

On Thursday, I filled out all of the paperwork for the FBI Check and overnight mailed that along with the fingerprints to the FBI office. I contacted the Go To Russia Travel Agency. They e-mailed us some possible flights. I sent them on to CHI to make sure they were okay before I booked them. I spoke to another person at the travel agency about our travel visas. I filled out those applications on-line and overnight mailed all of the necessary information to Go To Russia Travel Agency. I had to drive to HATW (our home study agency) in Ann Arbor with the forms for our state police clearance reports. I contacted both my doctor and Greg’s doctor for appointments for our medical reports. Finally by 8:30 p.m., we were ready to drive to my parents’ house for the holiday weekend.

What a beautiful 4th of July! The weather was gorgeous. My family took our 1911 Ford Model T in the Eaton Rapids parade. Then we went back to my parents’ and had a family barbeque. In the evening, we went to the parade in Mason. We were just spectators for this parade!

We came home late on Saturday. We ended up going to dinner with some friends. I happened to mention that we had some problems with the expiration of one of our documents. Luckily, our friend works for a U.S. Senator. She said she would check on the status of our documents for us on Monday.

Sunday was a day with no plans! Yeah! We ended up finishing up some home projects that needed to be done and went grocery shopping. On Sunday evening, I started going through our dossier documents to double-check expiration dates, updated forms, etc.

Monday was back to the hecticness! (Is that a word?) I started with a phone call with our friend at the U.S. Senator’s office. After I faxed her some information, she was able to make some phone calls. She’s going to do some follow-up in a couple of days, but it looks like we might be okay on this. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I spoke with Marilyn at CHI and found out that we also need chest x-rays. So I contacted our doctors’ offices and made those arrangements. Marilyn also gave us some disturbing news about the child’s age range of our documents. Nothing is final right now, so I’m trying not to fret about it. If you know me, then you know that I always fret over the details. So even though I say I’m not going to fret, I REALLY AM FRETTING!

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Kyley and Greg-Just found your blog through CHI as I just completed with them in April. Congratulations on getting a referral!! I'll be following along your journey!! Don't fret too much. We had to change our age range on our paperwork and it wasn't too bad! Let me know if you have any questions!!

Becca said...

Kyley, I just happened to check your blog for news and saw your update - how exciting! I am thrilled for you guys! Best wishes with your preparations. Can't wait to hear more!