Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Picture This!!!!

First of all, notice that this is the first blog entry that we’ve had in months. That’s because we’ve had nothing to say. We’ve just been waiting and waiting and waiting!!!

Okay, now…. picture this! Today, I’m at the salon getting my hair colored. My stylist and friend, Lindy, has just finished globbing my hair and he sent me over to have a seat while I wait my 20 minutes. Not a pretty picture! I left my purse, which has my phone in it, over at his station. All of a sudden I hear my cell phone ring. How I heard it I really don’t know with all the hair dryers and talking, etc. I hurried across the room to get my phone and it’s Marilyn from CHI with THE CALL!!! So here I am with the call I’ve been waiting for with a bunch of hair dye on my head. Once I hung up the phone, I had to tell Lindy. He was so excited for us that he announced it to the whole salon. He told everyone that he felt like he had just delivered a baby! So a whole salon of people that I don’t even know found out that we’re going to Russia before Greg even knew!!!!

We’ve been waiting so long that this is almost hard to believe! We are so excited that I can’t even explain. Now we have a whole bunch of things to get done in 17 days. This will keep me busy! We’ll keep you posted. Thank you so much to all of our family and friends for your prayers and support. Keep them coming!

9 comments:

said...

Kyley and Greg, I know that you are are cloud nine right now and your mind is racing a million miles an hour. It is wonderful! It looks like we will be there at the same time. We are leaving on 7/18 for our referral trip also! We have been to Astrakhan before in May so if there is any questions that you have, just email me at mcanestr@columbus.rr.com. Check out our blog at followingourheartstorussia.blogspot.com.
Congratulations!!!

The Smiths said...

How exciting for you! I know you are elated. We just returned on June 23rd from our 1st trip to Astrakhan, and we are waiting to find out when our court date is. Please let me know if you have any questions about preparing for your 1st trip - lydialsmith@gmail.com. We also have a blog: sister-smith.blogspot.com.

Wood/Tassey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wood/Tassey said...

Congratulations! I know how exciting it is to get the call. We are returning to Astrakhan 7/22 for our 2nd trip and court date. This will be our second Russian adoption. Fourth trip to Russia.
Email if you have any question. (dollbuyer@comcast.net)
Rai-Lynn and Donnie

July 2, 2008 1:32 PM

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I love this blog! I am praying, hoping, waiting and loving every day! I know in my heart this will all work out. There are no two people more deserving or suitable to be parents than you two! Love you, Di

Shannon said...

Oh my Gosh.....Congratulations!! I am so excited for you both. I can't wait to hear all about your trip and experience. Then of course when you get back we'll just have to do some shopping to get ready for her to come home.

Happy Dance!!! Happy Dance!!
Talk to you soon!
Shannon
P.S. I Love your story about the beauty salon. :)

bridget said...

Oh My God! Finally...Yeah! I am so excited for you both. You certainly have done your time. I can't wait to hear what happens next. PS Your blog looks great. I'll be talking to you soon.
Bridget

Unknown said...

Kyley and Greg, hi! My name is Chris, and our agency just called us today with a referral. Our meeting is 7/21. I'm thinking we might be in Astrakhan when you are. If so, I hope we can connect!

Oh - and HUGE congratulations!

Chris & Larry

Alli said...

Hi Kyley and Greg, my mom clued me into your blog so i'll be checking in while you are gone! I can't wait to meet my new cousin!!!

Allison