Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Only three days away!

It’s been another busy, hectic week!

But let me start out with something fun! My mom and I went to Chicago on July 9th and 10th. We took the train. We went to see ‘Jersey Boys.’ It was phenomenal! The music was unbelievable. We would have sworn it was Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons actually performing. Of course, we covered every inch of Magnificent Mile. We had a nice relaxing trip. I almost cancelled because of everything that needed to be done for our Russia trip. I am soooooo glad that I didn’t! It was just what I needed.

Back to the rest of the week… As of right now, we have gathered all of the documents that we need to take with us, except for two. I have been promised by Greg’s doctor that I can pick up his medical report and doctor’s license tomorrow. The other is our Home Study Addendum for the child’s age range. This has been just awful! It’s really hard to do something that you don’t really want to do and, on top of it, not knowing the reason that you have to do it. God bless, Alanna and Hands Across the Water. They have bent over backwards to help us through this. If you’re ever looking for a Home Study Agency, I would highly recommend them. If you ever have to go through something like this, please feel free to e-mail us and we’ll be happy to share our experience.

I’ve been holding off getting the documents apostilled until I have all of them. That way I can do it all in one trip. My hopes are to finish up these two documents tomorrow morning, then I can head to get them apostilled tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers!

The extension approval of our I-171H form arrived today! Yeah! We are so lucky to have friends! (You know who you are). This never would have happened without you! FYI to those of you who someday have to do this – Be very careful with the expiration dates on all of your documents. Double check all of the dates yourself! DO NOT rely on the expiration dates that someone else gives you. Of course, I should have known this, but I don’t want anyone else to have this same problem. USCIS requires three months processing time for an extension of the I-171H form. Check that date!

Our VISA arrived yesterday. Yeah!
Our FBI Fingerprint Clearance reports arrived yesterday. Yeah!

Thanks to my Mom and Dad for picking up the copy of our CPA’s license for us. Then they also took me out to lunch at the Common Grill in Chelsea. One of my favorite restaurants! Mom and Dad, you’re the best!

We’ve packed some toys and books to play with when we get to meet her. We’re bringing a few snacks to have during our time together. We’ve packed a couple of outfits in different sizes so that we can know what size of clothing to have ready for when she comes home.

Everyone keeps telling me to pack light! For those of you who know me, this is VERY difficult! I don’t wear the same outfits in a month, let alone in ten days!

This is continuing to be such a wonderful journey. Thank you for being a part of it!

3 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad you almost have all the documents in hand. Also glad you enjoyed your trip!! Really do pack light - you don't need that much and you will never regret it!

Joel and Nancy said...

Hi Kyley and Greg,

Let me introduce myself. My husband and I returned from Astrakhan on March 7th of this year with our 2 children. We also used to live in Southeast Michigan. When you mentioned Chelsea I actually knew where you were. We lived in Adrian for about 3 years and loved it there.

Anyway, I hope your trip goes well and please feel free to contact us if we can help you in any way. Something I would recommend taking is some of those little fast food ketchup packets. You may get tired of the same breakfast and this will give you an option.

Other than that, enjoy!! oh, and don't forget to breathe.

Nancy

Shannon said...

Hi Kyley and Greg,

So tomorrow is the big day...are you packed and ready to go? I am so excited for you, almost as much as if it were me. May God bless your travels and your first visit with your little girl. I'll be praying and thinking about you guys tomorrow.

Post again when you get there. We are all anxiously waiting to hear how it goes. At least I am, and I'm sure there are a few more people out there watching this blog everyday too. :)

Shannon