Thursday, July 17, 2008

This is it!

Oh, my gosh! Can you believe we leave tomorrow? I think we’re ready. At least, we’re as ready as we’re going to be.

Yesterday we finished up the last two documents that we were waiting on. We needed a few documents notarized, so Greg and I had to meet to have that done. Then I headed to the Office of the Great Seal to them apostilled. I only had fifteen documents and the line wasn’t too bad, so that went pretty fast.

I started putting things in suitcases today. I’d put something inside and then I’d go weigh it. I can tell you I will be using every ounce of the 40 pounds of luggage that I am allotted. I’m hoping Greg can use a little less. That way, I can put some of my things into his suitcase!!!

Thank you for all of the calls and e-mails today! It means a lot to know we have so many friends and family praying for us! Our next blog entry will be from Russia. Yeah!

4 comments:

Patti said...

I pray that you have a safe trip! I second Nancy's suggestion on ketchup packets. Too bad syrup doesn't come in packets. I know you're not asking for advice, but for us it helped to be "prepared" that things may happen differently than you think over there. Just try to go with the flow, but don't buckle under pressure at the MoE. I forget if this is a blind referral for you or not.
God bless, Patti

Unknown said...

Greg and Kyley,

We love you guys and are praying that everything goes as smoothly as possible. You are so heavy on my heart and I'm praying constantly. I know I've told you this before, but I really don't know two more deserving and capable people than you two for parenthood. Have a safe trip!

Di, Rick, DJ and Thomas

Troy and Rachel said...

Have a safe trip. If you forget something it's no big deal! We made it on trip one with one suitcase and two carry ons!! You can easily buy things in Russia. Just relax and go with the flow!

Trish said...

Mark just forwarded me the blog URL and I immediately checked it out. It's just awesome! I can feel your excitement coming right through the computer. This is just amazing guys! We are soooo excited for you. This child is about to be so abundantly blessed. You guys are going to be fantastic parents! Enjoy this long awaited adventure. You will most definitely be in our prayers!!
Love,
Trish