Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturday, September 13

We are having problems with the correct date showing, so we’ll start putting it at the top of our posts.

Our day started with Vica picking us up at 10:00 a.m. We went straight to the orphanage. We got very lucky again and spent over an hour and half with our little one. She did so well with us today. Greg held her a lot and she was great with that. She did a lot of walking with each of us holding on to one of her hands. She didn’t have the squeaky shoes on today. I think she was missing them, because she kept picking up her foot and putting it back down. She did this yesterday and got the squeak, but not today. There was another mother and little boy in the room with us today. It was so funny, because our little one needed to know what they were doing the whole time. If something was in her way of seeing, she would almost fall out of our arms trying to find a place where she could see. So we walked, played with toys, read books, and danced. When our time was up, her caregiver came in the room to get her. As soon as she saw her, she started crying. I don’t know for sure, but we’re saying it’s because she didn’t want to leave us!

When we returned to the hotel, we had lunch with the things we bought at the grocery store. Then we checked and answered our e-mails. Then we headed off for a walk. We had decided to have dinner at the Krem Café, so our first stop was to see if we could find it on our walk. No problem! We walked right to it. It was too early for dinner, so we decided to walk around the perimeter of the Kremlin. We got about half way around and we found a park. It was really pretty with green grass and everything! We walked around the park. There were many wedding parties at the park. I bet we saw at least 10 different brides. There were several different things that we saw each bride and groom doing, so we’re going to ask Vala or Vica more about these traditions on Monday. At the far end of the park, there were some shops that looked really nice. We didn’t go in, but I definitely want to go back and take a look. We sat down on a shady bench and just did some people watching. We probably had more people watching us than us watching them. We just stick out like a sore thumb. There is no way that I can wear the high stiletto heels that these women wear. I don’t know how they do it! So I have to be the only woman in this whole town who wears tennis shoes. Oh, well! At least I can walk around comfortably. After awhile, we decided we should head back to the Krem Café for dinner. We had a wonderful waitress, who spoke English very well! Yeah! Since it was almost dark when we finished eating, we had to take a taxi back to the hotel. Now we’re here blogging. That’s our day in a synopsis.

Since it’s Saturday, we heard nothing new about the status of our court date. My parents are probably at Russ and Monica’s right now dropping off the documents. So we’re confident that issue has been solved. It’s the second one that is tearing us apart. Please continue to pray.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Kyley and Greg, wish I could help you out on the blogger date problem, but not sure how to fix that. It's good to hear you are venturing out and getting to know the city and able to visit at the orphanage. When we were in Astrakhan, Vala loved telling us about their weddings and the meanings behind their traditions. I know you don't know me, but I remember when we were in Astrkahan, I enjoyed getting any sort of comments from others, like Sara. It helped me to not feel so lost in a foreign land and kept me encouraged. It sounds like you have lots of support. You continue to be in our prayers.

kris said...

The date thing - I believe you have to do that from the blogger dashboard. Probably under the Settings section. There is a spot to set the time.

There's a cool little shop right by the Kremlin that has some souvenir type things, if you're looking for them. And that park was one of my favorite spots in the city.

I'm with you 100% on the shoes!

I'd say it definitely sounds as thougn your little one is forming an attachment with you. How wonderful! I'm hoping & praying everything will be resolved soon and she will truly be yours.

Julie said...

Hi there,

I am sending all of the good vibes I can to you. I just know in my heart everything is going to be OK. Please give Grace a big kiss from her hottie aunt next time you see her.

I love you,
Julie