Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, September 15

We got a little bit of good news today regarding issue number 2. Vala called us this morning to tell us that the necessary papers were being prepared and that signatures were expected. As far as we know, there had been no signatures yet, but at least we heard they were expected. We’re praying, praying, praying! Maybe we’ll know more tomorrow.

Galina picked us up at 10:00 this morning to take us to the orphanage. We have been so lucky to have longer visits with our little one. We did a lot of walking again today. She had the squeaky shoes on, so I think she likes to walk even more. I was lifting her up over her my head. She loves that and it always makes her smile. I did it like four or five times and then I stopped. She started moving her head up and down. It looked really funny and we were wondering what she was doing. Then Greg and I figured out that she was trying to get me to lift her up overhead again. It was so cute! She played a lot with the moose today. (Thank you again, Amy, Abby, and Becky!) Since she always has to have something in her mouth, we were trying to get her to use one of the moose’s teething rings. She just didn’t want to. All she wanted was one of the soft hooves that crinkled when she chomped down on it and the tag. Yes, the tag! It is her favorite part of the moose! Too cute!

We had the rest of the day on our own. After lunch in the room, we went for a walk. We have been wanting to walk the perimeter of the Kremlin, so we could try to see what was going on with the construction. We got about half way around and there was a place where you could go inside. We had thought it was completely closed for construction. We went inside the gates and there was one building that was open. It was absolutely beautiful inside. Greg got some good pictures. We continued the walk around the outside and then took the path along the water back to the hotel. As we were walking, we saw the waitress that we had at the Krem CafĂ©. She remembered us and we remembered her. Does it mean that we’ve been here too long, if we start to pass people we know as we’re walking down the sidewalk?

Dinner tonight was San Pizza again. We had the same taxi driver as the last time we went to San Pizza. She started laughing when we got in the taxi. She said ‘San Pizza?’ She is also the one who picked us up at San Pizza to bring us back to the hotel, both times. Again, does it mean that we’ve been here too long????

Russ and Monica are scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon, so we’re looking forward to that! They should have taken off about a half hour ago. Safe journeys!

More tomorrow, hopefully we’ll have a connection. It’s been out a lot lately so we’ll see.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Kyley and Greg, this is my first post, and you don't know me, but I have followed your blog for several months and wish you all the best with getting things together for your court date. My daughter was adopted from Astrakhan in May 2007, and we had an issue with our court hearing, but luckily it was resolved in 4 hours. It seems as if you do alot of walking. My mom and I walked all over Astrakhan on our 3rd trip as we had lots of time like you do. I would recommend when you have your back to the entrance of the Kremlin, walk across the street through the park where the memorial for the tomb of the unknown soldier is. When you come to the end of that park, there is very nice shopping. If you continue on in the direction away from the Kremlin, it is a nice little neighborhood with shops, etc. The courthouse is back there. I am sorry I am being so vague, but if you go straight a few blocks(past the courthouse), when you come to a school turn left. Then go a few blocks and turn left. there is a toy store, and a nice shoe store next to each other, in addition to some other shopping. We felt very safe walking around. I wish you the best! Jamie Miller

Donna Parini said...

Greg & Kyley:

Kyley you do not know me and I have not been lucky enough yet to meet you; however, I work with Greg.

I feel so honored to follow in your journey. I was disappointed when things do no go totally in your favor at court, but I continue to pray every night for all three of you. I will pray tonight and I look forward to a positive post tomorrow.

Good luck, believe, and never loose hope! I look forward to meeting your daughter!

Sincerly,
Donna Parini

Craig and Phyllis said...

That is too funny that you are starting to recognize people on the street. I think I would wonder the same thing!

Shannon said...

Glad to hear you got some good news yesterday. I'm waiting here on pins and needles with you to hear really great news today.

Love the squeaky shoes stories. Now you'll have to go shopping and find some for her to wear at home.

Take care and God Bless!
Shannon

charity said...

Hi Kyley and Greg,
I hope all is going well. Marcus and I are thinking of you everyday.
Your mom says "I hope Monica and Russ made it okay with your paper work. Please call me when you can. We are going to check your house today (Tuesday).
Charity and Mom.