Thursday, September 25, 2008

Only Two More Visits

Today’s another day in our countdown. We always post on our blog at the end of the day and it serves as a checkmark on the calendar as another day closer to our forever time. We only have two more baby home visits. After that, the next trip will be to bring her with us!

Today started with us all meeting for breakfast. After breakfast, we went across the street. There is an open market, similar to a flea market. There were definitely some interesting things there. After that, there is a store that we have walked by numerous times, but never gone in. By the pictures on the windows, we thought it might be a bookstore. We were correct. It had some nice things. We bought a couple of plastic block-like toys and a CD of Russian lullabies. Then it was time for Andy and Kathy to head for their visit.

The weather was pretty nice today. It was sunny and in the upper 60s. However, it is supposed to drop to highs in the mid-50s on Saturday, so I knew I couldn’t postpone buying a coat much longer. Monica walked with us to a store down the road. I found one coat that was in my size and that I, at least, kind of liked. If nothing else, I will be able to stay warm.

Our visit was great. It was about an hour long. It seemed very short, since we have been lucky enough to get some longer visits lately. We took the new blocks with us that we had bought at the bookstore. Mostly she enjoyed playing with these and with the stacking cups.

Dinner tonight was at San Pizza. We had a waitress that spoke English really well. Yeah!

Okay, Mom and Dad! What’s with the Internet? We had expected an email from you by today. Since calling you is so expensive, I’ve been holding off hoping that I could email you instead. You must have had a delay in your installation. Just email us when you can so that we have your address and can respond back.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I cry every time I read your blogs.

Marcus and Charity said...

Hi Kyley and Greg,I'm very excited for you two.  I can't wait to see her.Your mom and dad have internet but they are having problems and they are not sure how to take care of it.  They are not able to email yet. I call your mom every night and read her your blogs.  I love to read what you are doing and looking forward to seeing some pictures.  Marcus joined flag football and gymnastics.  Enjoying both and really enjoys daycare at the YMCA.  I think he is starting to like school.  Him and Isaiah are becoming friends.
Hope everything works out with the plane tickets.
Love,
Charity