Tuesday, October 13, 2009



She’s Two!!!

Yes, Grace celebrated her second birthday last week! Wow, we just can’t believe that she’s two!!!

Grace and I made cupcakes together to take to her daycare. She loved stirring everything together. Boy, that batter was sure stirred well! We also took party hats and ‘squawkers.’ There are only five kids there and Jeanne got some great pictures of the celebration. Here's one:



On Sunday, we celebrated with our families. Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Darrin (who Grace just calls Uncle), Aunt Janice, Allison, Mike, Aunt Diane, Uncle Rick, Daniel, and Thomas all came over. We had Grace’s favorite dinner – spaghetti and meatballs. (She chose the menu). Then we had cake and ice cream. It was so much fun to have our family together.


The ‘Why’ questions have already started. Grace and I were driving in the car together the other day.
She said, “Mommy, where’s Dada?”
I said, “He’s at work.”
She said, “Oh. Where’s Dada’s car?”
I said, “It’s at work too.”
She said, “Why?”
I said, “Because Daddy drove the car to work.”
She said, “Why?”
I said, “Because it’s a long way to work and Dada has to take his car there.”
She said, “Why?”
I said, “Because it’s too far to walk.”
She said, “Why?”
I said, “I don’t know. Just because it is!”

I wasn’t expecting this to come so soon. I guess I had better brush up on my way of answering ‘why’ questions!

1 comment:

said...

It is still hard to imagine it has been more than a year since we brought the kiddos home! Oh how they have grown. I know that when Micah started with the whys, it did not matter how creative I was, I almost always ended in , because I said so( they could go on for a really long time). Now, when I ask him "why?' for something, he says, "because I said it". You just have to love it, especially since they barely even spoke a year ago. They have come such a long way. You guys are so blessed to have celebrated all of her birthdays.
Take care - Monica